- Calcium and lime remover simplifies aquarium maintenance
- Eliminate lime and calcium buildup on aquarium equipment
- Prevent aquarium equipment damage due to calcium buildup
Remove lime and calcium buildup from aquarium equipment with ease. Hydor Magi-Klean Pump and Accessory Cleaner simplifies routine maintenance of water pumps heaters, skimmers and more. Mix dry powder formula with water to create a soaking solution that effectively removes even the most stubborn lime and calcium deposits. Use Hydor Magi-Klean Pump and Accessory Cleaner to eliminate lime and calcium buildup on any equipment that can be removed from the aquarium. Contains three single dose pouches. Each pouch creates 1/2 gallon of soaking solution. Important: Magi-Klean must never be added directly to the aquarium.
Directions for Use
- In a bucket, dissolve the contents of one packet of Magi-Klean per 1/2 gallon of clean water.
- Stir until completely dissolved.
- Soak equipment for approximately two hours.
- After two hours, remove the equipment from the solution and rinse thoroughly with clean, lukewarm water, making sure any residue is removed before placing it back in the aquarium.
- For heavy lime/calcium deposits, extend equipment soaking time until all deposits have disappeared or any residue can be removed easily with a small brush.
Magi-Klean is a powdered form of phosphonic acid, which can be used to safely remove calcium and lime deposits from your aquarium equipment. Simply add a packet of Magi-Klean to a container of water and place your dirty, calcium-encrusted equipment into the solution. Magi-Klean is not to be used inside the aquarium. The equipment may be soaked for up to 24 hours. You can enlist the aid of a firm bristle brush to remove the most stubborn build-up. Rinse the cleaned equipment thoroughly before reinstalling it into your aquarium.
Magi-Klean takes advantage of the fact that calcium and other buildup commonly found on aquarium equipment can be broken down by acidic solutions. Typically, aquarists have had to turn to relatively weak acids such as vinegar and citric acid to clean equipment. Such solutions require long soaks and intense scrubbing with less than desirable results. The obvious solution is to use a stronger acid like muriatic acid. The problem though is that really strong acids are dangerous and difficult to use safely. Magi-Klean is stronger than the traditional choices, allowing you to clean equipment more easily and in less time yet, it is safe for use by the home aquarist. The phosphonic acid used in Magi-Klean is the perfect solution.